Shop Our >> Bandage Dresses>>
A BODY-CON is the ultimate fashion statement to showcase your beautiful curves. Short for “body conscious” (think Hérve Léger celebrities bandage dresses.), body-con is a huge trend that is not going away anytime soon. From skintight / fitted pencil skirts (or bodycon skirts) to figure-hugging dresses and even form-fitting high-waisted jeans, the body-con silhouette will have you showing off your shape in all the right places. It has been one of the most sought after fashion trends not only on the runway but also by celebrities on red carpet events. In fact, it is slowly becoming a classic staple similar to the LBD.
Made from lycra composites, the body-con dress clings tightly to the body, showcasing the figure, and leaving little to the imagination. Bodycon dresses must be accessorised correctly to avoid a fashion faux pas. That means, choosing the right shoes or boots, tights, belt, jacket, and jewellery. The tight fitting nature of the dress means that it is even more important than usual to wear the right underwear. Bodycon dresses can be accessorised for both day and evening wear.
- Don’t be afraid! The thought of tight, figure-hugging clothing probably inspires fear in the majority of women, but it shouldn’t! Most body-con pieces are actually pretty flattering, due to the fact that they suck you in, smoothing out your shape. Still self-conscious? Try wearing Spanx (Jessica Alba swears by ‘em) or even high-waisted sheer footless tights under anything you feel is too tight or short.
- Play with proportions. if you’re wearing a tight item of clothing, it’s a good rule to balance it out with an item that’s not as form fitting. Wearing a tight skirt? Try a colorful, loose-fitting tank tank top for balance.
- Choose what to showcase. if you’re wearing tight, high-waisted jeans, put on a short conservative feminine top! That way, you flaunt your legs and butt, but keep the cleavage under wraps for a classy look.
- Go dark. Since these styles are so form fitting, it’s best to opt for a dark color if you’re feeling at all shy about showing your shape. Black, dark gray, brown, navy, and even deep purples and reds are all great color choices for body-con pieces.
- Pick your pairings wisely. For city chic looks, pair body-con dresses with bombers, boyfriend blazers, or jean jackets.
What Do You Think?
Have you braved the body-con trend yet? Let everyone know what you think — leave a comment!